We are working with one of the world’s leading information and news organizations that employ over 20,000 people in 90+ countries. Their New York City office is dedicated to growing their internal design team and is looking to hire an exceptional Interaction Designer who is passionate about great design. We are looking for someone who naturally has an impeccable design sense, eye for detail and someone who constantly seeks to understand every user’s needs. The ideal candidate understands how to confidently research, craft, and communicate their designs, and gets excited at the prospect that it will be viewed by millions of users.
Working closely with other designers and the product team(s), you’ll be responsible for establishing and executing a consistent visual design language across all web and mobile applications for our client’s website. Artifacts early in projects typically include low-fidelity items such as sketches and comps; final deliverables include pixel-perfect mock-ups and specs for development. You have excellent visual communication skills fusing layout, typography, iconography, color harmony, & UI design. Ultimately, your design and thought leadership will play a major role as we create a unified vision for the product design and user experience across our apps within our client.
To be considered, you must provide a portfolio demonstrating your thought process - the ability to distill knowledge, generate ideas, solve problems, and arrive at a solution quickly and effectively.
- Minimum 3 years leading interaction and UX design at a high-level for both web and mobile (e.g. iOS, Android) products within an agency or corporate setting
- Excellent communication skills as the role will involve a high-level of engagement with users, stakeholders and subject matter experts (e.g. editors)
- Proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite and Visio/Omnigraffle
- Solid understanding of UI and UX patterns across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work collaboratively with project teams, and to ensure designs are interpreted and implemented as specified
- Experience designing with multiple content sets required, experience in a news organization is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- A positive attitude
We appreciate your interest but due to time constraints we can only contact candidates in consideration. Creative Niche is dedicated to matching outstanding communication, design and interactive professionals with the right companies. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please be confident that your application will be electronically filed for future searches.