11896Production Designer – Ottawa, Canada | Contract
Long term freelance Production Designer opportunity with corporate client east end Ottawa, transit accessible. Environment requires very strong technical skills and a high attention to detail in fast paced environment; create or modify digital and traditional print documents including brochures, collateral, PowerPoint Presentations, etc., utilizing Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Desktop Publishing (some) and Web Page layout and design.
Candidate will regularly interact with clients and peers regarding new projects, amendments and changes. Candidates must be able to gather client requirements for all document design and printing in a timely and efficient manner. Although this is very much a team environment, this role does require you to be able to work with minimal guidance and supervision. Accuracy and quality control of finished product is essential. Various opportunities to work on a range of projects on an as needed basis – PowerPoint presentations one day, web page requirements the next; concept development at times are also a part of this role. Must be able to adapt existing graphic elements with newly created digital or traditional assets. Candidates must maintain positive attitude and demeanor and be willing to lend a hand when and wherever needed. Some project management also required (own work).
- 2 to 4+ years graphic design/fine arts diploma/degree from recognized institution or post-secondary PC; Mac technology or graphics training or equivalent work experience in the graphics industry experience In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with graphics design; desktop publishing and web page design software; digital colour preflight and prepress workflow competency
- Creative talent as evidenced by a portfolio of completed work
- Passionate about design and learning about industry trends and technologies; takes initiative in developing internal and external contacts and fostering strong relationships with colleagues and peers
- Excellent communication skills (English) both written and verbal
- Fully competent to perform more complex graphic and digital document design services from concept to design to print
Please apply for this position through our Online Registration System.
We appreciate your interest but due to time constraints we can only contact candidates in consideration. Creative Niche is dedicated to matching outstanding communication, design and interactive professionals with the right companies. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please be confident that your application will be electronically filed for future searches.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Creative Niche welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Ontario jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact Creative Niche.