Ready to work with some of the most exciting new technologies and projects and for an organization that produces outstanding work? Like variety and of course, a challenge? Do you consider yourself “Buzz Lightyear” and ready to “Go to Infinity and Beyond”? Ready for a new opportunity where you really can deliver great creative solutions?
Our client has an immediate opening for a Senior Visual Designer/Director who prides themselves in delivering on projects that enable their customers to reach their aspirations. Their client base consists of a variety of companies who are leaders in their own right. You are passionate about the marriage of great design and technology.
You will work with the team to create visually stunning experiences for application software and web interfaces. You will lead and execute design direction and inspire your team to create online visual experiences that meet and exceed client expectations. As a team oriented environment, this role works very closely with the UX leads and with the client to convey ideas and deliverables that clearly articulate “the emotional message”.
Your portfolio is diverse and you’ve “done it all” – package design to promo, web to e-marketing; the diverse nature of your experience allows you to demonstrate and communicate complex information across print and online platforms. Required experiences include a background in branding, identity, web and interactive media, mobile design (of course!) and development of thought provoking creative solutions is required for this organization.
As a key contributor to the team, your past experience in driving the design process and leading a team is demonstrated through excellent references and a great portfolio!
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a graphic designer in the following areas: Interactive, agency creative, and graphic design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Web design and online marketing
- Minimum 5 years managing and directing a diverse mix of designers and production artists
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects
- Ability to create superior, original designs for the Web
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet; high attention to detail
- Strong conceptual skills, including online software concepts and online experience concepts
- Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Strong technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such as HTML, Flash, CSS, and AJAX.
- Knowledge of Web site structure and functionality.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Has demonstrated successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects on time and within the given budget.
- Must be self-motivated, manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client, capable of managing fairly complex projects
- Ability to work with a large variety of clients
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines are essential for a fast-paced environment.
Software skills essential for this role include Flash, 3D Studio Max, knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite. Other requirements include excellent communication skills (both verbal and written skills), full knowledge of social media marketing and advertising and an online portfolio that speaks to your current work within the past 2 years.
We appreciate your interest but due to time constraints we can only contact candidates in consideration. Creative Niche is dedicated to matching outstanding communication, design and interactive professionals with the right companies. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please be confident that your application will be electronically filed for future searches.