Creative Niche is working on an exciting Senior Art Director opportunity with a great agency client in the heart of Ottawa. Opportunity includes room for growth.
Do you love to challenge yourself to deliver clever creative/advertising ideas, and have the skills to execute and present them?
Our client is looking for a Senior Art Director (hands-on) with a passion for “advertising with a purpose”, who wants to work with clients who truly make a difference and impact.
This job is not just about a strong portfolio; rather it is more about finding those unique creative solutions that make you stop and think about the message.
This role will report to the Executive Creative Director but has plenty of creative freedom as you would work closely with internal and external clients and be part of a growing and passionate team of designers and colleagues who wear many hats themselves.
In this role you will:
- Ideate from verbal briefs.
- Develop and execute creative solutions and meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues and teams with a goal of delivering solutions with a speed to market focus.
- Develop and conceptualize tag lines, light body copy, etc. as part of an overall campaign strategy.
- Be creative! Love to present to clients those out of the box solutions? Great! This role requires the art director to participate in high level brainstorm sessions, write clear and concise creative rationales for presenting ideas, and execute on solutions.
- Be comfortable taking creative direction and producing assets for print, digital, social.
- Be part Sherlock Holmes; find resources and/or develop techniques that enable you to work quickly and efficiently, independently, or part of a team.
- Exhibits outstanding design judgment and can quickly grasp the clients’ business challenges to achieve the highest possible standards for all materials requiring design across all mediums.
- Direct and be accountable for the final development and production of creative assets.
- Ensure accuracy, attention to detail and that the overall project meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Loves to unwind with the team after a busy day/week/month!
Key skills you bring with you include:
- Experience in developing and executing original creative.
- Possesses excellent hands-on skills in layout and typography for digital and print.
- Possesses a keen eye for both sourcing stock assets and creating original assets.
- Some experience in video and motion, directing and editing a bonus.
- Solid skills in Adobe Suite, PowerPoint and Word a bonus.
- Experience converting rough ideas into visual proofs (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts.
- Ability to recommend, research and develop imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
- Experience with proposal development and concept preparation.
- Ability/willingness to be a humble mentor to others on the team, as well as learning more yourself!
Bonus points if you:
- Are experienced with website editing with CMS Interface (Craft CMS, Drupal, WordPress) and building (front end).
- Are experienced with Social media platform concepts (dimensions, limitations, requirements, etc.)
Please apply for this position through our Online Registration System.
We appreciate your interest but due to time constraints we can only contact candidates in consideration. Creative Niche is dedicated to matching outstanding communication, design and interactive professionals with the right companies. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please be confident that your application will be electronically filed for future searches.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Creative Niche welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Ontario jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact Creative Niche.